Sunday 21 February 2016

1990 Alternative Anthems - Part I : Urban / Soul (Various Artists / 1990)

Howdy Peeps!

First part of a double whammy for today. After having a scout through the old collection yesterday I found absolutely tons of old classics from yester-year. From 26 years ago to be precise - doesn't time fly?!!!!!

1990 was the year I left school to become a fully fledged adult (of sorts). At the time I had just started my first of many stints with HMV and my taste expanded rapidly. 1990 was the year that music exploded in every direction with everything from the Manchester scene kicking into gear to the rave scene going overground and becoming a force to be reckoned with.

I've split the two parts into distinctive themes as everyone has their own preferences from way back... This has been a great nostalgia trip for me today, I hope it is for you as well...

Much love & cwtches, xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

dj'aead

First up, let's make it funky...

1. The Adventures Of Stevie V - Dirty Cash (Dime & Dollar 12" Mix)
2. Beats International - Won't Talk About It (12" Version)
3. The Chimes - Heaven (Intense Music)
4. Was (Not Was) - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
5. Living Color - Love Rears It's Ugly Head (Soulpower Mix)
6. Bobby Brown - Every Little Step (Extended Version)
7. Chad Jackson - Hear The Drummer (Get Wicked)
8. Neneh Cherry - I've Got You Under My Skin (In Deep Mix)
9. Soul II Soul - Jazzie's Groove (Remix)
10. Mantronix Featuring Wondress - Take Your Time (Club / Dub)
11. JT And The Big Family - Moments In Soul
12. The Family Stand - Ghetto Heaven (Extended Version)
13. Bell Biv Devoe - Poison
14. Jamie J. Morgan - Walk On The Wild Side (Extended Version)
15. Queen Latifah - Mama Gave Birth To The Soul Children
16. Diana Brown & Barrie K. Sharpe - The Masterplan
17. The Jungle Brothers - What U Waitin' 4
18. The Chimes - Heaven (Summer Breeze)




Link : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B83_lcjOnQkKRDEtTFdqYXUta3c&usp=sharing







No comments:

Post a Comment