Thursday 18 May 2017

All Mixed Up! Volume 16 - ABBA (Epic / Sony) (2017)

Well look what just dropped?...

It's been a few months since I compiled one of these little beauties but here we are again with volume 16 of the AMU series. And a right corker it is!!!

If this is the first time that you've come across this collection then I'll briefly explain... 
I put this series together to highlight various legendary artists and remixers work through their legendary careers. Basically the cream of the crop remixed, remade, remodelled. 

This one has been a labour of love for me as ABBA have been part of my musical landscape since a very early age (a long, long time ago before you ask...) and still get played regularly. "The Visitors" album is an absolute classic in my eyes while the rest of the albums rank highly too.

This collection comes with a bit of a twist as firstly just by looking at the tracklist you'll notice that this is not a run of the mill best of collection. Included are many album tracks and b-sides such as "Like An Angel Passing Through My Room", "Just Like That" & "I Am The City" (if you don't know what a B-Side is then ask someone older) alongside well known classics such as "Dancing Queen", "Knowing Me, Knowing You" etc.

Secondly, the whole collection has been remixed by esteemed Dutch producer, remixer and DJ Matt Pop. This fine remixer has produced some exquisite unofficial remixes of ABBA all of which I've included here. They're not radically changed to make them indistinguishable from the originals, in fact Matt's remixes enhance them and bring them bang up to date (even though I hasten to add that their music is timeless anyway). 

As a bonus to the remixes I've also included "Story Of The Heart" which was originally released by the Benny Andersson Band and currently features on the new Steps album "Tears On The Dancefloor" alongside two megamixes for those who fancy a non-stop dose of one of the best bands in the world...EVER!!!!!! 

Play it loud!!




















1. Dancing Queen (Matt Pop's Getting In The Swing Mix)
2. Knowing Me, Knowing You (Matt Pop Remix)
3. If It Wasn't For The Nights (Matt Pop Remix)
4. The King Has Lost His Crown (Matt Mix)
5. Super Trouper (Matt's Feeling Like A Number 1 Mix)
6. Me And I (Matt Pop's Words & Music Mix)
7. Just Like That (Matt Pop Mix)
8. Dum Dum Diddle (Matt Mix Remaster 2012)
9. When All Is Said And Done (Matt's Still Striving For The Sky Mix)
10. Should I Laugh Or Cry (Matt Pop Mix 2015)
11. Like An Angel Passing Through My Room (Matt Pop Mix)
12. My Mama Said (Matt Pop Flared Funk Mix)
13. Hey Hey Helen (Matt Pop Mix)
14. Suzy Hang-Around (Matt Mix Remaster 2012)
15. The Day Before You Came (Matt Mix)
16. Under Attack (Matt Mix)
17. I Am The City (Matt Pop's Vibrant & Electrified Mix)
18. Story Of A Heart (Matt Pop Video Edit)
19. Arrival (Matt Mix)

Bonus Tracks:

20. Matt Pop Megamix (Part 1)
21. Matt Pop Megamix (Part 2 : NRG Express)

Link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4QsqRn7cUfsdjBseUoyeFRSZzQ?usp=sharing

1 comment:

  1. https://mega.nz/folder/zLIFgCTT#5KFXWUTvjV2xw_tg6ImmZw

    ReplyDelete