Saturday 12 March 2016

All Mixed Up Volume 10 - Dead Or Alive (Epic / Sony) (1984 - 1990)

Following on from the shocking news today confirming that Pete Burns has passed away as a result of a massive cardiac arrest, I thought it would be fitting to pay tribute to a true icon in the only way I know how...

I am utterly devastated as I have grown up with Dead Or Alive since my formative years way back in 1984. I've always loved Pete for his music as well as his dry sense of humour and sharp wit,

My heart goes out to his family, friends and fans alike.

RIP. Gone but never forgotten... ever!




The original post :

I have been a massive fan of Burns & Co. since the release of their only number one single "You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)" way back in late 1984. Unfortunately most would only ever recognise Dead Or Alive by that track which is a shame because they released some stunning work over the years. If you need any guidance then try and get hold of a deluxe edition of their hits package "Evolution". It's a mighty fine collection.

The track list for this particular collection brings together some of their greatest work in remix form along with some rarer imported or unreleased mixes, The Naughty XXX Mix of "Something In My House" and the Flip Out Mix of "Rip It Up" are amongst those that never saw an official release - listening to the former you'll understand why - hahahah... 

I love this band to bits even after all these years. If you take the chance to side step "You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)" and are a big fan of 80's club / PWL stuff then you're going to love it too.


1. The Mighty Mix (Part 1)
2. Come Home With Me Baby (12" Version)
3. Brand New Lover (The Dust Monkey's Love Bubble Mix)
4. My Heart Goes Bang (Get Me To The Doctor) (Extended Mix)
5. Something In My House (Naughty XXX Mix)
6. Lover Come Back (To Me) (Extended Remix)
7. In Too Deep ("Off Yer Mong" Mix)
8. Misty Circles (Dance Mix)
9. You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) (Murder Mix)
10. Baby Don't Say Goodbye (Club Mix)
11. I'll Save You All My Kisses (The Long Wet Sloppy Kiss Mix)
12. Turn Around And Count 2 Ten (The Pearl & Dean " I Had A Disco Dream" Mix)
13. The Mighty Mix (Part 2)
14. Rip It Up (Flip Out Mix)


Link : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B83_lcjOnQkKVEhxbFY5Wm9fSUU&usp=sharing


No comments:

Post a Comment