Friday 12 May 2017

Alison Moyet - Hoodoo (CBS / Sony) (1991)

Howdy peeps!
It's been a while since I last posted and I promised I would make it a bit more regular - I know, I'm crap. But at least I'm here again...

Today's post is of one of my all time favourite albums. Alison "Alf" Moyet released her third solo offering "Hoodoo" back in 1991. The album passed me by completely at the time and I only purchased a copy of it around 10 years later after I'd purchased "The Singles" collection as I was intrigued by the quality of work released after her 2nd long player "Raindancing".

Released on the 22nd of April 1991 "Hoodoo" reached a peak of number 11 on the UK album charts and featured 4 singles:

"It Won't Be Long" (#50)
"Wishing You Were Here" (#70)
"This House" (#40)

"Hoodoo" was also released as a promotional only single in America.

The album is an absolute gem with so much emotion and passion in the entire set. My particular favourites are the achingly beautiful "Find Me" (the song gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it) and the exquisite "Hoodoo" (a karaoke favourite of mine - true)!

This is the deluxe 2 disc edition which includes the 11 track original album plus a bonus 14 extra tracks including a plethora of demos, remixes, b-sides and live tracks.

Enjoy!

Image result for alison moyet hoodoo

Disc 1 :

1. Footsteps
2. It Won't Be Long
3. This House
4. Rise
5. Wishing You Were Here
6. Hoodoo
7. (Meeting With) My Main Man
8. Back Where I Belong
9. My Right A.R.M.
10. Never To Late
11. Find Me

Disc 2 :

1. Take Of Me
2. Back Where I Belong (Polite Mix)
3. Back Where I Belong (Soft Mix)
4. Come Back Home
5. Hoodoo (Extended Version)
6. Hoodoo (Starlight Dub)
7. Hoodoo (Single Version)
8. Hoodoo (Instrumental)
9. It Won't Be Long (Live At The Town And Country Club, London 1991)
10. Wishing You were Here (Live At The Town And Country Club, London 1991)
11. Never Too Late (Live At The Town And Country Club, London 1991)
12. Find Me (Live At The Town And Country Club, London 1991)
13. (Meeting With) My Main Man (Live At The Town And Country Club, London 1991)
14. Dig A Hole (Demo)

Link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4QsqRn7cUfsWDVGSm8yQ0RiTG8

No comments:

Post a Comment